2017 Winter Show of Small Works
December 5 – December 31
- Online Entry opens October 1
- Deadline for online entries November 3
- Notification of Acceptance November 7
- Artwork Local Delivery November 28th 11am – 2pm
- Shipped Artwork Must Be Received By November 30th
- Show Dates December 5 – 31
- Artist Reception/Awards Friday, December 8th 6pm – 7pm
- Local Artwork Pick Up January 2 & 3th 11am – 5pm
- Unsold work returned January 2 – 19
- FIRST PLACE: $250
- SECOND PLACE $150
- THIRD PLACE $100
$25 for two pieces, $5 per extra piece up to 4 pieces. Limit 4 pieces per artist. Please note size requirements and framing requirements below.
ALL ENTRY FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. There will be a 40% commission on sold work.
Rules of Entry
- All registration and entry for this show is done online. Please review prospectus and submit entries to: http://www.parklanegallery.org/wintershow.html
- Entry fees are paid online as part of the registration process. Registration received without entry fees will not be considered for the show.
- All entries will be juried based on the image submitted with online registration. Images submitted must have a minimum 1000 pixels on the shortest side. Artists should ensure that images of artwork are of good quality and are representative of the original.
- When photographing your own work: avoid background clutter, glare, or reflection. • Do not skew the proportions of the artwork.
- Ensure the photo is in focus and properly lit.
- Longest side of image should be a minimum of 1200 pixels.
- Images may be used by Parklane Gallery to promote the show via publications and online.
4. SIZE REQUIREMENTS: No art can be smaller than 5″ x 7″ outside dimensions, which is 24” around outside edges of frame. No art can be larger than 9” x 11″ outside dimensions, which is 40” around outside edges of frame. [NOTE: this means that the largest framed artwork would be an 8x10 image with a frame which has sides 1/2” wide or less}. Any configuration measuring 24″or more, and 40″ or less, around the outside of the frame is acceptable.
5. All work must be for sale and the minimum price for each piece must be no less than $100. Only original works by the artist will be accepted. Artists ensure that the work does not infringe upon any copyrighted material or work by another artist. All work submitted must be new to Parklane Gallery and have been created in the last 5 years.
1. All artwork must be properly wired for hanging. Exposed glass edges will not be accepted.
2. All artwork must have a label on the back with:
- Artist Name
- Title of the work
3.Unframed, gallery wrapped canvas must have the sides finished, no visible staples
4. No wet work will be accepted
5. Packaged and shipped art should be carefully labeled and packed to avoid damage
6. Parklane Gallery reserves the right to refuse any entry that does not meet these specifications, or otherwise does not match entry photography.
Delivery and Pick Up:
- The gallery will notify artists by Nov. 7th regarding acceptance into the show
- Accepted hand-delivered work should be dropped off at the gallery on Nov. 28th from 11am – 2pm
- Shipped work must be received no later than Nov. 28th.
NOTE: ALL SHIPPED WORK MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A SELF-ADDRESSED, PREPAID SHIPPING LABEL FOR RETURN OF UNSOLD ART.
4. Ship art to: Donna Wallace, Winter Show, 27523 NE 31st Ct., Redmond, WA 980535.
5.Unsold art may be picked up at the gallery on Jan. 2th or 3rd from 11am – 5pm
6. Unsold art to be shipped will be sent to artists no later than Jan. 19.
7. Unless other arrangements have been made, any work not picked up by Jan. 10th becomes the property of Parklane Gallery.
Parklane Gallery takes every precaution with all artwork, but all artists who enter the show agree to hold Parklane Gallery harmless for any loss or damage that may incur.
For questions regarding the show, please email inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org